Pomegranate Heart Gummies
Nothing says I love you quite like a homemade treat! Even better is a homemade treat that is allergy-free, gluten-free, and vegan! These gummies are made simple with immunity-boosting pomegranate juice, sugar, and Living Jin’s agar-agar. Agar-agar is similar to gelatin, but is instead made from red algae, making it 100% plant-based! This additive is what allows the gummies to take the precise shape of whatever mold you pour it into. In a short hour and a half, you’ll have homemade gummies ready that are perfect for individual wrapping - making them an ideal gift for a loved one on Valentine’s Day!
Prep-Time: 30 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Servings: 5 (yields 125 small gummies)
- 1 cup Pomegranate Juice
- 2 tsp Living Jin’s agar agar powder
- ¼ cup white sugar
- Add the juice and sugar to a saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to boil.
- When the juice boils, slowly add the agar-agar powder. Continue whisking for 1 more minute after all the agar-agar powder has been added.
- Remove the pan from the heat and quickly transfer the mixture to a mold.
- Allow the gummies to cool for at least an hour, or until they have become completely firm.
- Remove the firm gummies from the mold and package if desired.
- Using a dropper or pipette is helpful for keeping things clean.
- Whisk constantly while adding the agar-agar